August First Friday Webinar
You've Been Served - Now What?
August 5, 2016
FF Webinar 12pm – 1pm
Abstract: Being subpoenaed to court is never fun. With a NC attorney, we will cover the legal and ethical issues surrounding testifying in court.
1. To give practical advice through real-life examples of being subpoenaed to court.
2. To provide a framework by which the therapist can best protect himself or herself from legal liability.
3. To explain the process of preparing to testify in court.
4. To learn how to assert NC's Counselor Privilege and when you can testify ethically in court.
5. To provide resources you can use if you are ever summoned to testify.
Bio of Presenter(s): Beth Barrington, LPC owns a private practice in Fayetteville, NC where she loves empowering women and moms everywhere to bravely face their pain in infertility, post partum depression, and pregnancy loss grief. Beth also specializes in working with anxiety and depression.
C. Adam Barrington III, JD, is a practicing attorney in the areas of criminal defense & personal injury.
All Friday Webinars are 1 hour long and receive 1 contact hour of continuing education credit. LPCANC is an NBCC-approved provider #5807