This workshop has been postponed due to illness...please watch for more info, when we can re-schedule it!
Region 2 presents....
Experience the Healing Process of EMDR Therapy
Sherry Greenwald, LCSW, Certified EMDR Therapist
Saturday, March 11th, 2017 (12pm-3pm)
Mt Olive University, 2912 Trent Rd, New Bern, NC 28562
Earn 3 Contact Hours!
LPCANC Members: $30
Lunch: Light lunch and snacks will be provided.
Attend the Region 2 Town Hall Meeting from 10am - 11am, then take a break and come back and earn 3 contact hours from this presentation. Register for the Region 2 Town Hall Meeting by clicking here.
Walk-ins are Welcome! If you can, please register so your host knows how many to expect and prepare for! Click here to register for the educational event. You must register for both to receive certificates!
Directions: From Jacksonville, take Hwy 17 to Dr MLK Jr Blvd., turn right at Pecheles Honda onto Trent Road.
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” -Maya Angelou
Come experience the healing therapy of EMDR developed by Francine Shapriro in 1987. Since that time there is much evidence and research to support EMDRs’ value to the mental health community. As mental health specialists we all can attest to the emotional dysregulation of our clients and the over-stressed nervous system. There are times when it may test our ability to stay with the client in such intensity of emotion. In this regional meeting, Sherry Greenwald will have you practice EMDR “resourcing” exercises that will help you and help your clients with intense emotions. Bring a yoga mat and wear comfortable clothing as you practice calming and soothing exercises. We will show excepts of a EMDR DVD, We either transfer our pain or we transmit it, demonstrating it’s success at treating trauma. Please, do not miss out on this great opportunity to earn credits and take home practical exercises to use with your clients.
Bio of Presenter: Sherry Greenwald, LCSW, M.Ed., EMDR Approved Consultant
• Provide Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) for adults and youth with complex trauma, an evidenced based trauma therapy.
• Consultant for LCSW-A Candidates.
• Consultant in EMDR Basic Training and those pursuing EMDR certification or consultant status
• Experience in individual and family therapy in a variety of settings to include school, mental health center, private practice and Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point (MCAS).
• Treat Combat Stress, PTSD, Depression, Anxiety and Performance Enhancement using the EMDR protocols
• Consultant in the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore as well as Washington, DC to help establish community development projects.
• Enjoys walking, gardening, kayaking and bird watching! She lives on the Trent River with her awesome husband and has two butterfly gardens.
After Registering, Please RSVP: Please contact Suzan Douville, by email (email@example.com) or call (910)-650 9515 by Wednesday, Mar 8th, 2017, to ask questions or confirm attendance. Please BRING a non-member LPC to hear about our association!
All LPCs and counseling students (and other fields) are welcome to join us. Our regional meetings are a great way to stay connected with your professional association, network with other LPCs in your region, and earn contact hours toward your CEU’s. You can also earn credits by leading a presentation in your specialty!