We invite you to become a member of your professional organization, the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of North Carolina.
Membership Drive 2015: Be sure to ask your colleague, classmate or friend to give you credit on their application when they join! Credit given to current LPCANC members, only!
Please note: If you mail your renewal or membership form, there may a 2-week delay. The quickest way to join or renew is online.
- Get the support and recognition you deserve as a member of this highly skilled profession.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news in your monthly newsletter, The Counselor's Voice.
- Free listing on our Referral Directory and Supervisor Directory, if qualified.
- Develop your voice in the profession by participating in work to further the field of counseling.
- Stay current and keep public policy supporting you, your profession and your future clients with LPCANC's powerful advocacy initiatives.
- Receive exclusive email updates on how you can affect public policy and help shape our profession.
- Receive discounts on registration for professional development workshops and the annual conference.
- Receive a complimentary online listing in the LPCANC Member Referral Directory and Member Database.
- Receive two months FREE support, building, hosting & maintenance of your own website and the special price of $59 a month thereafter through TherapySites.
- LPCANC is the state chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA), which works for counselors on the national level
- LPCANC members are eligible for reduced rates on liability insurance through CPH as a member of a state chapter of AMHCA.
Member Benefits of Special Interest to Students
- Make critical connections with other students and experienced professionals that will inform your own identity as a licensed counselor.
- Access to the new LPCANC Supervisor Directory to locate a LPCS.
- Be recognized for your inclusion in professional associations and advance your status as a mental health professional.
- Networking opportunities to find the job that's perfect for you.
- Access and discounted registration to LPCANC's Annual Conference where you can gain high quality continuing education/training workshops that explore the latest, most relevant topics in professional counseling, and even present a poster.
- Become eligible to work with professionals on a committee or earn a fellowship!
- Be eligible for the Mentor Program and to find supervisors on the Supervisor Directory.
- You do not have to be an LPC to be a member of LPCANC. All mental health professionals are welcome (Choose Associate member type).
- Annual Membership Dues are as follows:
- Membership will be renewed on the anniversary date that the member joined LPCANC.
- Dues can be paid in cash, by check, or with a credit card.
- If paying by credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover), pay online for immediate activation of your membership! Click here to join online
**Student Memberships are available to anyone enrolled at least half-time in a Master's or Doctoral Counseling Program.
*** Retired Memberships are for those who are 60 or older, and who are either retired or work less than 10 hours per week in a paid counseling profession